January 31, 2011

Shapeshifters 2 @ Zirca



Recently, I was invited to participate in Shapeshifters 2, the second incarnation of the art exhibition initiated by the local club Zirca. My contribution came in the form of a 3D artwork titled " The Falling Rabbit of My Wonderland". Needless to say, this was inspired by the novel "Alice's Adventures in the Wonderland" which I'm a fan of.

Unfortunately, the artwork suffered a catastrophic damage at the end of the 2-day exhibition when it fell onto the floor. What you see here in the second photo is the patched-up artwork, held together by nothing except gravity and some questionable tapework.

Sitting nicely on a shelf at my workplace now, the artwork has taught me some valuable lessons about not creating disposable works. I shall do better the next time then.

No comments: